Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pink Polka Dot Cupcake Party


A couple weeks ago Alexis had her 3rd Birthday Party. I did a pink polka dot cupcake party. I got alot of ideas from Melanna at http://rhapsodyofcacophony.blogspot.com/ . She made me the happy birthday banner that is above. I love it so much and im going to have to use it again sometime.

This is my cupcake corner. I have a box that has cupcakes on it on top, then on second shelf is the favors which were cupcake chocolate suckers. I ordered a mould and made them.

These are the other favors. A bus zipper pull for the boys and a cupcake one for the girls. I made them with pony beads and charms i ordered from Etsy.

I wrapped the cutlery in a napkin and made paper napkin holders, using polka dot cardstock and a circle with a cupcake stamped on it.

I made cupcake liner flowers with pipe cleaners and cupcake liners. I painted a pot with pink spray paint and then stuck white dot circles on it and modge podged over. In the pot is a foamy block that i stuck the pipe cleaners in with some tulle covering it.
The polka dot table cloth is 2 meters of fabric that i found for $4/a meter!

Wall Art! I painted some cheap ikea wooden frames pink and put sprinkle and cupcake fabric in the frames!
I made a Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake sign using word and put it in a frame i got at walmart.My cute cupcake tea towels my mom had gotten me !
The most important part of a party! Cake and Cupcakes!! I made the cake using a cupcake cake pan borrowed from my aunt! I love it. THe cake stand was made from 2 boxes wrapped in paper and then i taped circles on and put some tulle around the edges.

The punch was raspberry sherbert and 7up mixed together..Super yummy. I also added some lemon and lime slices to it.

The cups are just plain pink cups i got from Walmart with white polka dot stickers put on them. I ordered the straws from Etsy. White paper straws with pink polka dots on them. So cute.
Well this picture is upside down LOL..But i put streamers twisted on my back door.

The Birthday Girl!
I think thats all! It was alot of work ,but so much fun. I love planning things and making things!

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute! I'm glad it all turned out so well! I love that sprinkle fabric (I admired it live on that little gift you sent.) :) Perfectly pink and perfectly girly.

    ReplyDelete